Monday, January 4, 2010

i swear

Swear that this time I will stand up.
Not for what i believe in, but for what i don't.
This time I will vote. Not for, but against.
Against my own helplessness.
Against my own laziness.
Against two words called chalta hai.
Against short cuts in queues.
Against cheating in exams.
Against Kharcha Paani in offices.
Against powerless inquiry commissions.
Against powerful vote banks.
Against religion in politics.
And politics in religion.
Against illegal constructions.
And legal loopholes.
Against every cynic. Every non-believer.
Against the belief that nothing will change.
Against the feeling that my
vote cannot make a difference.
Against every excuse for not voting.
And I will do this without fear or shame.
Because only by voting against all that
is destroying our today, will I give my
children to vote for something tomorrow.

JAI HIND!!!